Hocking Hills United Methodist Church
Worship Ministry Application
Welcome to Hocking Hills United Methodist Church (HHUMC for short)! Here at HHUMC we strive to continually live out our mission, vision, the Methodist doctrine, and ultimately – The Word of God. This is a consistent expectation that you will find throughout all areas of our church. This particular text aims to give a better understanding of our worship ministry, standards, and expectations. The purpose being so that everyone is in complete understanding and can work together in unity to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ; in our area particularly – through worship!
What are we trying to accomplish?
- To facilitate passionate worship experiences throughout HHUMC and to operate as a functional ministry that encourages discipleship, fellowship, and accountability within.
Why do we choose the songs we do?
- We choose songs based on theological accuracy, relevance to our church as worshippers, and skill level to the players who are involved.
Why is the worship band and tech. crew structured the way it is?
- We structure our servants through scheduling and pairing in a way that allows us to be most effective, efficient, and proficient every time we get together. It’s not always going to be perfect, but we surely try to do our best.
What are some ways that we can accomplish our purpose?
- By making our lives exemplify holiness so that God can work through us.
- To stay prayed up and always ready to minister in unity with each other.
- To act as a ministry family loving each other as we love ourselves.
“1Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.” Hebrews 12:1-2